This is quite possibly the rarest Glacier Park Model's locomotive ever produced. And I think that would be saying something because they are all incredibly rare. The Frisco Meteor Locomotive is one of the most highly sought after models for fans of the Frisco. This model has been tested and runs exceptionally well, all lights work, and the paint is simply perfect.
- GPM #4502.1 Oil Burner, road #4502
- Meteor Paint Scheme.
- Great looking model, the most desirable and hard to find of the GPM Frisco Series
- Boo-Rim Precision Built Model. Runs extremely well and has superb detail including full in-cab detail.
- Features a can motor, operating directional lights, in-cab lighting, and operating marker lamps.
- Extra parts included
- Original box & foam included
From Glacier Park Models website:
Engine numbers 4500-4502 were the first of their kind. Delivered from Baldwin as oil burners, our first three beauties were built specifically to head up the "Meteor," an overnight train that ran between St. Louis and Oklahoma City.
Our plans include producing this trio of oil burners in very limited quantities, painted in this unforgettable scheme of zephyr blue, white and gray, with that "Meteor" spelled out on the side of the tender in bold, red letters.